Friday 7 September 2012

Vogue's Fashion Night Out

For the past 4 years in early September, Vogue's Fashion Night Out (FNO) has been a key event on every Designer, Model and Fashionista's diary. FNO offers free events and discounts in participating highstreet and designer stores, celebrating fashion in general- often with a free mohito on the side!

FNO, with the exception of LFW, is THE time to show of your wardrobe with magazines, photographers and bloggers prowling the streets of London. However, one mistake I saw being made (and am guilty of myself) was seeing girls in high heels. If I could offer one piece of advice, it would be to leave them at home as the girls in flats get the best deals- they can run faster and don't feel like crying after the hours of trapsing round! 

This year I went to Oxford Street to see what they had to offer. It wasn't nearly as busy as I imagined (until I got to Pull + Bear... free drinks) with only a 10 minute wait for the Red Lip tutorial and makeover in Forever 21. Topshop was arguabley the most generous, not only offering makeovers with Topshop and Barry M, a free nail bar and a raffel. They also hosted a performance from Delilah - a British singer songwriter who's voice you may recognise from a collab with Chase & Status.





Did you go to FNO?

Laura xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I had gone! But living in country WA doesn't really allow me to get there haha! Great tip about wearing flats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty doesn't even begin to describe this 'after' look! <3





    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! Glad you had a great time at FNO. Now following your blog via GFC. I hope you will come visit my blog and follow back if you like it!!

    xx Marla
    www.trendstruck.com

    ReplyDelete