Wednesday 4 July 2012

Frank Ocean 'Comes Out' via Tumblr

"Thanks. To my first love. I'm grateful for you. Grateful that even though it wasn't what I hoped for and even though it was never enough, it was. Some things never are ... and we were. I won't forget you. I won't forget the summer. I'll remember who I was when I met you."

Frank Ocean, member of Odd Future told his fans of his sexuality on Tumblr this morning. Probably the first 'coming out' letter on tumblr, Frank talks about how aged 19, he fell in love with a man. His beautifully articulated letter proves he's not just a great lyricist- I just wish I could write as brilliantly as him.

There's been speculation about his sexuality for a while now, with lyrics such as 'I believe that marriage isn't between a man and woman, but between love and love'. So on settling the rumours, Frank released the 'thank you's' intended for the credits of his new album, stating 'i figured it'd be good to clarify..'

Twitter and Tumblr are currently swimming (good...haha) with admiration for Frank with #OddFuture as a trending topic.

 




Laura xx

2 comments:

  1. That is honestly one of the most beautiful things i have ever read<3
    http://asdeepandasblack.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and lovely!
    I adore Frank Ocean too!
    xx

    http://www.thefashionformat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete